Man oh man, do I love pizza. Back in the days when I was 400+ pounds, pizza night was a staple of our weekly meals. In fact I had the numbers for the local pizza places programmed into my phone and knew the names of most of the delivery people. Good times.
Once I kicked the sugar and grains out of my diet, pizza obviously went out the door with them and for the longest time, I really didn’t miss it. When you are on a diet that let’s you eat all the steak, bacon and veggies you want, a giant wheel of carbs loses its appeal. However, I figured it was time to, at the very least, put pizza back into my repertoire of meals I can cook so I started looking at ways to make it happen. I knew whatever I was going to end up with was probably going to start with cauliflower as my base so I went to work figuring out how to make it taste great. After a bit of trial and error, I finally got something I’m happy with.
The recipe below is topped with my Sugar Free Pasta Sauce Recipe and hamburger meat but honestly, once you make the crust, you can put almost anything on it. Chicken, spinach and alfredo sauce is a pretty good combo as is butter and bacon. I know that last one is a little weird but it works pretty well.
I hope you like this recipe and if you happen to make it for yourself, please send me a pic and let me know, or post it on Instagram with the hashtag #MSFJ and I’ll find it. While you are here, please subscribe to my daily email to never miss a post and subscribe to the YouTube channel to get all the videos we are making. Thanks for everything!
- For Crust:
- ½ Head Cauliflower
- 1 Egg
- ½ Block Cream Cheese (4oz)
- ½ Cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan
- Butter or Non-Stick Spray for pan
- For Toppings:
- Sugar Free Pasta Sauce
- ½ lb Hamburger Meat, browned
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- (Watch Instructional Video Here)
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Shred Cauliflower and Microwave for 7 minutes until soft
- Add Egg, Cream Cheese, Mozzarella and Parmesan and mix well with electric mixer
- Put Cauliflower mixture into greased casserole pan or pizza pan, spread out flat
- Bake on 425° for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with sauce, meat and cheese
- Place back in oven for an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Let cool slightly and serve