Sometimes you just want an easy to make lunch that is delicious. Just kidding, that’s literally the only kind of lunch I ever want. I’m a busy guy!
These bacon and cream cheese pinwheels are not only easy to make but they are a fun little thing to make with my granddaughter. She thinks they are a fun little project that makes a cool snack and anything I can do together with her pretty much makes my whole day.
A little note about the ranch dressing, I make my own by first making my own mayo then adding a ranch dressing powder that contains no fructose but it is certainly possible to buy a sugar free variety off the shelf. You can also order a very tasty variety from Primal Kitchen that not only has no sugar but is made from Avocado oil instead of the canola that is normally in store bought varieties.
If you decide to make this for yourself, please tag @MySugarFreeJrny on Instagram so I can see. Thanks!
- 8 slices of lunchmeat (salami or ham)
- 5-8 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons ranch dressing
- ¼ cup scallions or green onions
- Place lunchmeat on cutting board, Overlapping 4X2
- Spread ½ package of cream cheese on the slices of lunchmeat
- Add ranch seasoning and scallions
- Lay strips of bacon across cream cheese
- Roll the pinwheels as tightly as possible
- Cut them into 1-2” pieces
- Serve as a delicious appetizer!