Sugar Free Berries and Cream Recipe
So my little journey to the Sugar Free side of the culinary world has been much easier than expected. It’s amazing how little I miss the things I used to love. The one thing I was worried about was the occasional dessert. I knew the old way of eating desserts was off the table (who needs to eat entire pints of Ben & Jerry’s Americone Dream anyway?) but I knew I wanted something sweet sometimes. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- ½ pint of Strawberries
- ½ pint of whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of Splenda or Xylitol
- Cut Strawberries up into slices
- Place strawberries into small tupperware, add 1 tablespoon of dextrose, shake gently to coat strawberries
- Place in refrigerator and let sit for at least 4 hours
- Pour whipping cream into cold mixing bowl
- Add remaining Dextrose (You may want to start with one tbsp and adjust sweetness as needed)
- Whip with wire whisk until firm (You are looking for firm peaks but if you over-beat it will get lumpy and turn to butter)
- Place Strawberries in serving bowl, top with whipped cream.