Looking for more great low carb menu items
at your favorite restaurants?
Our What’s Sugar Free at Restaurants series continues! Today we are looking at what is both sugar free and keto friendly at KFC. Fortunately, now that KFC has added their grilled chicken line, it’s pretty easy to stay keto at KFC and if you haven’t had it yet, it’s pretty darn good. Get the green beans on the side and you’ve got a sugar free and keto meal that tastes darn good. The only down side is that’s the only option available to us so I hope you like green beans.
As with most restaurants, we don’t have any actual ingredient lists to work with but KFC does have a very helpful nutrition guide that at least tells us the total carb content which is a lot more helpful than what other restaurant chains provide.
So here is the short but hopefully helpful list of what is sugar free and keto friendly at KFC.
All Kentucky Grilled Chicken Items
- Kentucky Grilled Chicken® Breast
- Kentucky Grilled Chicken® Drumstick
- Kentucky Grilled Chicken® Thigh
- Kentucky Grilled Chicken® Whole Wing
- Green Beans– These have 4 grams of Carbohydrates per serving and I’m trusting that all comes from the beans and there is no added sugar.
- Caesar Side Salad – 2 grams of carbs, 1 gram of sugar
- House Side Salad – 3 grams of carbs, 2 grams of sugar
- Heinz Buttermilk Dressing – 1 gram of carb and 1 gram of sugar. Probably trace amount of sugar in the dressing but it is the best option if you are having a salad. Also probably contains PUFAs.