Baked Kale Chips Recipe!
So I love crunchy things. One of my favorite snacks in those old 400 lb days was chips and salsa in front of the TV. Sure now I have pork rinds but sometimes you want a snack that’s a little different but still has that crisp texture and tastes great. That’s where baked kale chips come in as a great snack that is easy to make. We will sometimes do this as a side dish for dinner as well when I want something a bit different.
Kale is a fantastic food and probably one we should all be eating more of. It’s high in fiber and Vitamins A, C, and K and has magnesium and folate as well as calcium. It also has 10% of the RDA of Omega-3 fatty acids that protect against inflammation, use a good olive oil in this recipe and that number goes up.
- 6 Fresh Kale leaves
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 300° and grease a cookie sheet
- Cut center stem out of Kale leaves and arrange leaves on cookie sheet
- Drizzle leaves with olive oil and use a silicone brush to spread the oil evenly on the leaves
- Season with Salt and Pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes until crispy