Tea Brined Chicken has become one of my favorite ways to cook chicken. It’s easy to prepare, very inexpensive and easily the juiciest chicken I have ever cooked. I hope your family gets as much enjoyment out of it as my family has!
Tea Brined Chicken
Author: My Sugar Free Journey
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 12 Pieces of Chicken
An juicy chicken recipe that is inexpensive and easy to prepare. Is also gluten, dairy and sugar free.
- 12 Chicken Legs
- 2 Large Family-Sized Tea Bags
- ½ cup Salt
- Fill a small sauce pan with water and place the tea bags and salt in the water.
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 minutes uncovered.
- Remove and discard tea bags and pour tea mixture over chicken, completely submerging chicken. Add water to cover chicken if needed
- Let sit and marinate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight
- Pour out and discard liquid and place chicken in a pan
- Cook on 400 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer and stop cooking at an internal temperature of 185 degrees