Ketogenic Cauliflower Breadsticks Recipe!
When I was a kid (who am I kidding, I was like this well into adulthood!!) I could not eat enough breadsticks. We would buy Little Caesars pizza and I was far more interested in the crazy bread than the actual pizza. Pizza Hut came up with the stuffed crust pizza where you basically turned the pizza crust into a cheese breadstick and I was in heaven. And when I think about all the poor Olive Garden waiters that had to go back and forth from the table to keep my basket of breadsticks full, well…let’s just say that they earned their tip.
What I’m trying to say is that I like breadsticks so I have been very interested in a Keto recipe that would put breadsticks back on the table. Not only is this recipe Low Carb but when you serve it with my low carb red sauce as a dipping side, holy moley life is good. What I’m trying to say is that this is the recipe for low carb breadsticks the world needs. If not the world, then definitely me.
- • 1 head raw cauliflower, riced
- • ½ cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- • ½ cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- • 1 large egg
- • ½ tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- • ½ tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- • ½ tablespoon freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- • ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To rice the cauliflower, core it and break it into florets. The place into food processor and pulse until consistency of rice. (Or, you can use pre-riced cauliflower found in grocery stores.)
- In a large bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, ½ tablespoon fresh garlic, ½ tablespoon fresh basil, ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper until combined and holds together. Place the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle. (The amount of breadsticks depends on how thin you spread it.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and return to oven to continue baking until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Cool about 10 minutes and cut into 'breadsticks'.
- Serve with red sauce, garnish with parmesan cheese! (My Sugar Free Pasta Sauce Recipe can be found here)
Don’t miss a post! Click here to sign up for our daily email!