I’m so excited to share my recipe for Fire Roasted Salsa with you this week! Once you start removing sugar from your diet, you start realizing that there are a bunch of types of food that are difficult to find replacements for. You would think it would just be desserts but condiments are very difficult to come by. The first several months I think mustard was pretty much the only option available. I don’t even like mustard!
So I very quickly had to come up with a salsa that was was easy to make, stored well and tasted awesome. After a few batches I finally came up with a recipe that I now eat on almost everything. In fact I couldn’t imagine my morning eggs without it! It’s also vegan, vegetarian, soy free, gluten free, and dairy free as well as being sugar free so pretty much anyone can enjoy it. You can find a list of other Sugar Free Condiments at the Grocery Store here.
If you happen to make a batch, send me a picture. I would love to see it!
- 3 tomatoes
- ½ yellow onion
- ½ purple onion
- 1 Green Onion
- 3 bell peppers, any color
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 1 Lime
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- Cut stem spot out of tomatoes
- Cut tops of bell peppers and throw seeds away
- Cut top off Jalapeno
- Place all tomatoes and peppers on grill over open flame
- Turn when brown on bottom, about 10 minutes on each side. Brown on all sides
- Alt: Place in oven on 325 for 10 minutes on each side until brown on all sides
- Place all grilled vegetables in food processor, pulse until chopped
- Place chopped vegetables in bowl, add cilantro, spices and squeeze lime into bowl, stir
- Serve immediately or chill before serving